Thursday, September 8, 2011

Getting ready to go!

    Tomorrow I’m off to Costa Rica to join one our Road Scholar programs. I will be visiting San José, Tortuguero (hope to see the sea turtles!), Sarapiqui, Arenal, Manuel Antonio and San Gerardo de Dota. This will be my second visit to Costa Rica and my first attempt at a blog so I’m hoping that both endeavors will be lots of fun.

    Since the weather in Costa Rica is very warm this time of year – mid 80’s in most of the places I’ll be visiting – I’ll be taking mostly shorts and t-shirts. I’m also bringing my favorite Nikes – great for all the walking we’ll do - as well as my Keens for the days when we’ll be doing our water activities - river rafting at Selva Verde and beach walks at Tortuguero and Manuel Antonio. I learned on my last visit that the humidity is pretty high (just like here in Florida) so you don’t want to get your sneakers wet because they will never get completely dry. I’ll definitely also bring along a hat, some sunglasses, sunscreen, a rain poncho (it is rainy season after all!) and of course mosquito repellent. None of the places I’m visiting have any problems with malaria so a good mosquito repellent should do the trick.

   I am so looking forward to all the fun activities as well as the chance to meet all the people that will be part of my group. Well I’m off to finish up all the last minute things that need to be done before I leave. More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment